Chinatown Street Festival in Oakland

>> Monday, September 5, 2011

Full Circle Revue 1

What does Motown have in common with Chinatown in "the town?"

Funk.

I past through Chinatown every day, so in some ways, I'm used to "the funk." But on Sunday, August 28, I was shocked at the sounds I heard penetrating the windows of my AC Transit bus. I hopped off the bus to find the Full Circle Revue on stage playing soulful hits, from Motown to P-Funk.

Bass player
Bass player with Full Circle Revue getting down in Chinatown.

Hot Stepper
OG getting down in Chinatown, to the funk.

Under the Sun
"Everybody got a little light, Under the Sun."

Besides those acts on the Popular Stage, there were plenty of vendors and other performances at the Chinatown Street Festival.

Hawaiian BBQ 2
Hawaiian BBQ on the grill

Blurred pinwheel
These pinwheels were very popular.

Music 2
Bubbles!!!

This event always makes me want to study the Chinese language. Enjoy a slideshow of photos from the event.

Photos by Reginald James, courtesy of TheBlackHour.com.




Share

1 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP